PROMOTING CONNECTEDNESS AND IMPROVE CARE TRANSITIONS
The second priority area of Utah's Governor's Challenge is to promote connectedness and improve care transitions for service members, Veterans and their families.
- Increase awareness and streamline dissemination of resources for SMVF In Davis County (Hill Air Force Base)
- Align the Veterans Benefits Administration with the Veterans Health Care Administration, under the umbrella of service connection benefits
- Increase awareness for services among recently discharged Veterans
- Make sure SMVF who are not eligible to receive VA benefits are aware of their federal, state, and online benefits opportunities
- Create an Online portal where SMVF can access resources for Davis and surrounding areas for assistance
- Conduct mailer campaign in Northern Utah (Hill Air Force Base area) directing SMVF to benefits and services
- Promote and increase outreach for events statewide to engage SMVF, which include a toolkit and postvention resources
LEARN MORE & GET INVOLVED
VA Launchpad for Veterans
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Launchpad helps Veterans and their Caregivers find and use VA apps. The VA Launchpad organizes VA apps and capabilities to help you more easily find the tools VA has made available for you. Links to new apps automatically appear in the VA Launchpad when they become available, making it simpler to find the resources needed to interact with VA. You can also provide feedback directly to VA within VA Launchpad. With VA Launchpad, VA intends to help you discover and integrate available VA apps into your life.
With VA Launchpad, you can access apps that will help you achieve your health goals, improve your mental health, connect with your care team, and manage your care. LEARN MORE
Purple Star Schools Program in Utah
The Purple Star School program is designed to help schools respond to the educational and social-emotional challenges military connected children face during their transition to a new school and keep them on track to be college, workforce, and life-ready. Military connected refers to children of service members on active duty, and in the National Guard and Reserves. Purple Star Schools