The Utah Department of Veterans and Military Affairs (UDVMA) assists Veterans and current members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their dependents in numerous capacities. This includes the preparing and securing of claims for compensation, hospitalization, education, vocational training, and other benefits or privileges which Veterans and our current armed forces have earned through their military service.
UDVMA also advises the Governor and state legislature on matters pertaining to military affairs throughout Utah and serves as a liaison to the leadership of Utah’s military installations, defense industry, and economic development organizations.
Make Utah the best state in the nation to perform military missions and be recognized as a premier location for Veterans, service members and their families to live and succeed.
- Ensure delivery of responsive, well-planned and effective services to veterans, military and their families through coordination with government agencies, academia, private partners and non-profit organizations
- Coordinate efforts to develop and expand workload on Utah’s military installations
- Improve the quality of life for Utah’s veterans, military and their families by increasing awareness and access to appropriate federal, state and local resources
- Work with federal, state and local officials to effectively advocate for initiatives and services
- Promote and coordinate events throughout the state which develop and build respect for those who have served
- Compete for national recognition as the leading innovator in the delivery of services to veterans, military and their families
- Build a strong network of partners, stakeholders and champions
Principles of Service
- Respect for those who served our Country
- Awareness of benefits and programs, ensuring veterans and service members are aware of services they have earned
- Access to benefits and programs, making access to eligible services and programs easy
- Responsiveness of services – right program, right need, right time
- Effectiveness of delivery